Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jan's Art Journal

I haven't posted any art news for a while because I have been busy "making" art. I wanted to push myself in new artistic directions. My teacher, Donne Bitner, is an accomplished abstract artist. We've been meeting weekly for critiques, learning new techniques and support. For someone who has always had to "see" what I was working on, this is "way out" for me. Some of the first assignments forced me to think about what I wanted to accomplish. I want to find my personal artistic signature. Rather than doing what I think people will want me to do, I want to do what works for me. I'm still "in process" and it feels okay. What colors do I love, what do I love to paint, do I love my work? Tough questions, but necessary if I want to find the artistic me.

The next few posts will include some of the "finished" work. I'll talk about the process. Maybe this will help you along on your artistic adventure.

No comments: